I didn’t make any New Year’s resolutions, but I do have two goals. Goal one is to hang a piece of my artwork in my home. I paint watercolors and either give them away or keep them in a box. Time to put some on the wall. Goal number two is to make a quilt for myself. Again I give them away, but don’t have one of my own quilts. Are any of you like this? There are little things I have done through the house that make people aware that a crafty person lives here. I use to have a custom picture frame shop and I met my husband when he brought in a picture to be framed, so every picture that hangs in our home was framed by me. Generally just living in a home a person has made personal choices that reflect their own style. But it is time to do something for myself. Do any of you have art or crafting goals set for this year? I would love to hear about them.
I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and great things in the New Year. ~ Marla
A Versatile Blogger? What a great idea!
Thank you Pam for thinking of me and presenting me with the Versatile Blogger Award! I love receiving your comments as they are always uplifting and kind. Your pictures are beautiful and I enjoy visiting your blog to see what is new with you. Please visit Pam at http://roseribbonblog.wordpress.com
There are a few rules when you are given and receive the award:
- Copy and paste the Award Image to your “Acceptance Post” (Done).
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you (Done).
- Disclose 7 random facts about yourself (please see below).
- Notify the 10 bloggers that I nominate for this award so the award makes the rounds to the multitudes of versatile, creative voices I’ve “discovered” in my blogging escapades (will be contacting them individually).
In no particular order, here are the wonderful bloggers that I give the 2011 Versatile Blogger Award to. These bloggers are truly creative and inspiring. Congrats to all of them, and be sure to check them out:
Now for seven random facts about me:
- Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the story of Jesus birth and decorating my house to celebrate.
- I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I am a little bit of this and a little bit of that type of cook so my husband rarely gets the same dish twice.
- When I am doing crafts with students I am not sure which one of us is more disappointed in the fact that we have to stop. It is great to share their enthusiasm.
- I like reading books about pioneers. Their courage at facing the unknown amazes me.
- I think Alaska is the most beautiful place I have ever been. It takes my breath away. Some day I will live there again even if it is only for the summers.
- I hate getting lost and think GPS are one of the greatest inventions.
- Walking on the beach, letting waves lick my feet, looking for seashells and agates is treat. My husband took me to the beach for Christmas last year and it was one of the best gifts that I have received.
Lastly, I enjoy sharing ideas on my blog and am thankful for all the wonderful, gifted people who are sharing their ideas too. It is a great treat to see and share your talents.
I have been working with homeschool students teaching art, something I love. So I thought I would share some of my ideas and hopefully get new ideas from other bloggers.
Today I tried a new recipe that was on the side of Jiffy baking mix. It was for cinnamon rolls. (link to recipe) Very good and very easy. Though I would have to say they are more like cinnamon biscuits. I used brown sugar instead of white and added walnuts. The family loved them. Fun rainy day project with little ones.